OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. on the 3rd.
day of October, 2018
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich
TREASURER: Andree Sisco
ACCOUNTANT: Marty Morland, James Elliott
ENGINEER: Trent Hardison, Mary Harper
INSURANCE: Diann Riley
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of September 19, 2018. Linda made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There was 2 cases completed by the owner, 2 new cases and 5 pending publication. Andree made a motion to grant extension for 3321 Locust to October 17, 2018. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
Don made a motion to grant extension to October 17, 2018 for 4220 Wildflower. Linda seconded the motion and Andree voted No. The motion carried.
Linda made a motion to pass Nuisance Abatement Resolution 4472 Brookhaven. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
Linda made a motion to pass Nuisance Abatement Resolution 4919 Cedardale. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
2. Splash Pad/fishing Pond - The guy came out with Power Play and showed the maintenance guys how to winterize the splash pad. The splash pad has been winterized. Linda is going to look for a push mower with Tou. Linda and Tou will get a new battery for the Chipper and try to get it up and running. Don stated that they have catfish food at B&B Lumber if we choose to feed the fish.
1. Trent Hardison - There was discussion on his property. Andree will visit with Jim Howell to see if there could be a property switch in regards to annexation. The board will know more after Andree visits with Jim Howell our County Commissioner.
2. Senior Report - Andree reviewed the Senior Report that Greg and herself worked on. The senior fund has spent $29,860.19 and The Oaklawn Improvement District General Fund has spent $22,701.07 for the seniors.
3. Food Handlers Class - Andree read a letter from the lady that has given Food Handlers Classes to Oaklawn in the past. They are going to Serve Safe classes. We will need to check with Aging Projects to see if they require this class. Matty and Greg may need to attend serve safe classes.
4. Community Center Money - Sherrie said that she had visited with Greg and told him if he decides to have an event that requires money that he can come visit with her so we can get the monies needed to put the event on. Andree said she would visit some more with Greg on this matter.
5. Approval of Bills To Be Paid - Linda made a motion to pay the bills for the last half of September 2018. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
6. Citizens To Be Heard: Diann Riley wanted to know about building codes in the Oaklawn area. Marty told her that Sedgwick County Building Codes office is in the old IRS Building. Diann Riley also stated that she would like to do a Senior Appreciation Bingo sometime in November 2018. Andree said to have Greg put this event in the Senior Newsletter.
Marty Morland stated that he was not able to attend last meeting due to Officer Kunze being shot and preparing for his funeral.
7. Off Agenda Items: Don wants to authorize Sherrie to proceed with planning the Christmas Party for Oaklawn Improvement District 2018.
Don made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:30 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held October 17, 2018
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 8:30 PM.