OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM. on the 5th.
day of December, 2018
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins, Diane Fitzpatrick
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich
TREASURER: Andree Sisco
ACCOUNTANT: Bryon Berrens
The meeting was called to order at 7:03 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of November 21, 2018. Linda made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Andree seconded the motion and Don Abstained. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There was no new cases, 2 pending Resolutions, 1 extension to January 2,2018. And 1 case the county is handling. Don made a motion to grant extension to 4112 Wildflower Ct. to January 14, 2018. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried. Sherrie will call John Reals to review all Nuisance Abatement Resolutions. Sherrie will get John all documents for review. Then have John call when he has reviewed all documents and set up a meeting with the board.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond - The wood piles around the fishing pond have been chipped. The chipper has been fixed. Trent’s wood pile is the only pile left.
1. AT&T - They have applied for a permit to do work within the Oaklawn Improvement District boundaries. They will be laying fiber optic lines and also will be going under streets. Andree told them that they will have to contact Riverside Township on the roads.
2. Employee Bonus - Don made a motion to give Full Time employees $500.00 bonus and part time employees $250.00 bonus. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
3. Approval of Bills To Be Paid - Linda made a motion to pay the bills for the last half of November 2018. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
4. Citizens To Be Heard: None
5. Off Agenda Items: Andree stated that she will pursue the Rubber Mulch Grant if this is what the board wants. The board said yes they are interested in rubber mulch for the playground equipment. Don also wants the chains checked on the playground equipment.
The bus does not start and has no heat. The board agreed not to put any more money into repairs on the bus.
Don made a motion to adjourn at 8:24 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
The next regular meeting will be held December 19, 2018.
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 8:24 PM.