OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. on the 7th.
day of August, 2019
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich Diane Fitzpatreick
TREASURER: Andree Sisco
ATTORNEY: Marty Morland
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of 7-17-19. Linda made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement - The were 4 new cases, 1 case to be published 8-14-19 and 6 cases completed by owner.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond - The splash pad has been slow due to the construction. The water level at the pond is down, but normal due to the weather.
1. Jeff Cartwright (MKEC) - Don has talked with Jeff Cartwright. Jeff is suppose to set a meeting up with the City Of Wichita and Oaklawn.
2. National Night Out - Don and Andree said National Night Out went off well and Linda did a good job. Don made a motion to get Linda a $100.00 gift card for putting this event together and making it a success. Andree seconded the motion and Linda abstained. The motion carried.
3. Approval of Bills To Be Paid - Linda made a motion to pay the bills for the last half of July 2019. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
4. Citizens To Be Heard - Marty with Sedgwick County Sheriff Dept. had nothing new to report, however he wanted to give Geno a hands up for all his hard work getting National Night Out ready. Andree also stated that she would like to make a motion to get Geno and Tou a $100.00 gift card for all the work they did above and beyond on the tree work they did. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried. Andree stated that August 24, 2019 is the next fundraiser. Don also stated that Andi Icenhower left Cooper school and is going to work at the V.A.
5. Off Agenda Items - Andree stated that next year we need to remember to put the sign in the garage out for National Night Out stating the fireworks were sponsored by Oaklawn Improvement District.
Andree also went over meeting she attended for senior centers and their funding. There will be a few centers that will go back to operating their centers according to their funding.
Andree talked to Geno about the playground project. Andree wants to get started now.
Andree also talked to Jim Howell and he said that on August 24, 2019 Clifton will be closed at the railroad tracks on the north side of Oaklawn.
Don brought up that he wants to look at purchasing a new walk in cooler for all the commodities that Oaklawn has been receiving. He would like to look at the electrical that will need to also be done in the garage where he would like the walk in cooler to go. Andree also said we need to look at the plumbing for a sink in the garage. The board would like to look at bids on this and bring back to the board meeting.
Don made a motion to adjourn at 7:50 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held August 21, 2019
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 7:50 PM.