OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. on the 6th.
day of March, 2019
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins, Diane Fitzpatrick
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich Geno Mullins
TREASURER: Andree Sisco
ATTORNEY: Elizabeth Upton, Martha Willis
ACCOUNTANT: Bailey Fosse, Kursten Perez
ENGINEER: Cindy Florentin, Chadd Schmidt
INSURANCE: Louis Blais, Charles McGhee
OTHER: Marty Morland
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of February 20, 2019. Linda made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There was 2 new cases, 3 pending publication to 3-11-19 and 3 cases completed by the owner. Don made a motion to extend 4112 Wildflower to March 18, 2019. Linda seconded the motion and Andree voted No. The motion carried.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond - There was a pipe broke at the end of Idlewild that was the line to our splash pad but it was on the City of Wichita Water’s side. They have already fixed this water break. Ayers also emailed and will reschedule to open up the Sprinkler system due to the weather.
1. Praireland (Chadd) - Chadd came before the board to give the district quotes on a new tractor. Don made a motion to purchase a 2019 John Deere Tractor for $25,700.00 to come out of account #6550. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
2. Geno (Pay Raise) - Don made a motion to move item 2 to executive session at the end of the meeting. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
3. Greg’s Senior Report - Andree went over Greg’s Senior Report Figures.
4. Approval of Bills to Be Paid - Linda made a motion to pay the bills for the last half of February 2019. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
5. Citizens To be Heard : Andree visited with the WSU ladies at our meeting. She will get her schedule and then get back with these ladies for an interview for their school project.
Marty Morland spoke about the Special Olympics Basketball tournament this weekend. Would like everyone interested to come and help support the program. The Wichita Mayor will be there. Marty also stated that he will be out of the area tomorrow recruiting for the Sheriff Department. Ben and Robbie will be here tomorrow to help hand out commodities in the morning.
The board gave Don Winton his birthday card and gift card.
Andree made a motion to go into executive session to discuss personnel matters at 8:00 PM and not to come out no sooner than 8:15 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried. The board came out of executive session at 8:35 PM.
Don made a motion to increase Geno Mullins and Tou Vang, both maintenance men’s salaries to $14.00 per hour. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
Don made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:40 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held March 20, 2019
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 8:40 PM.