OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM. on the 5th.
day of June, 2019
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins, Diane Fitzpatick
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich
TREASURER: Andree Sisco
The meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of May 15, 2019. Andree made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Linda seconded the motion and Don was not present. The motion carried.
Andree asked Linda about TOPS Learning Center event she attended. Linda said she was impressed with the learning center. She got a tour of the facility and got to see the art department and they also have safe rooms.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There were 5 new cases, 1 completed by the owner and one bill of collection to the owner of record. Linda made a motion to pass Nuisance Abatement Resolution 5037 Elmhurst. Andree seconded the motion and all members present approved. The motion carried.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond - Andree asked about the pond and the moss. Copper sulfate will take care of moss however Linda stated that most of the moss is gone so we did not treat it with copper sulfate.
1. Grant Money - The district received $10,380.55 grant money for playground rubber flooring. The district will receive another $10,380.55 when the project is complete. Oaklawn Community Foundation will come before the board on June 19, 2019 to present or give the foundation money to Oaklawn Improvement District. The Oaklawn Improvement District will have to amend their budget this year in order to spend the money. We need to call Stan on the check we received. Do we cash it or hang onto it to use in the fall when we start the project? Randy Ford will have to close out the Foundation. We will need to leave $200.00 to $300.00 in the account to handle any fees before closing out the foundation account.
2. Special Works Fund - Stan reported on the meeting that Randy Ford, himself and the state guy had. The State Statue law the county was quoting the Improvement District had been amended in 1999 on general fund mills. John Reals and Austin Parker are working on a letter to send to the County that states the Improvement District can do what they have done for 9 years when setting their budgets.
3. Approval of Bills To Be Paid - Andree made a motion to pay the bills for the last half of May 2019. Linda seconded the motion and all members present approved. The motion carried.
4. Citizens To Be Heard: Stacy and Jim Burgess will be out tomorrow to go over numbers the Oaklawn Senior Center has completed so far this year. Andree did the Senior Report for May 2019. We have met all our numbers so far. In 2020 some hard decisions will have to be made.
There is talk there probably will be no bus service in Oaklawn. See attached sheet from Jim Howell on bus service.
5. Off Agenda Items: Sherrie will remind Don to call Jeff Cartwright with MKEC. We need to find out where the district is with the City Of Wichita Water department on getting a new meter for sewage treatment.
Sherrie read a thank you and appreciation card from Deer Lake Estate Homeowner’s Association. The card will be attached to these minutes.
There were 3 people that signed up to run for the Oaklawn Improvement Distirict board. They will be the same 3 that are serving at the present time. They are as follows: Don Winton, Andree Sisco and Linda Ulrich.
Linda made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:00 PM. Andree seconded the motion and all members present approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held June 19, 2019
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 8:00 PM.