OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. on the 6th.
day of June, 2018
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich Diane Fitzpatrick
TREASURER: Andree Sisco Greg Victors
ATTORNEY: Tammy & Dennis Clayton
ACCOUNTANT: Darryl Robert, John Bokey
ENGINEER: Bonnie Scott, Cindy Floruntin
INSURANCE: Diann Riley, Rita Perkins
OTHER: Jim Howell Korrye Edwards, Marty Morland
John Miller, Phil DeMoss
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of May 16, 2018. Linda made a motion to accept the minutes a read. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Jim Howell (County Update) - There is going to be a rock crushing facility at 55th. And South Clifton. That means that our roads will have a million pounds on them daily. Riverside Township and the County are both responsible for Clifton. Clifton will have to be updated because that amount of weight on the roads that are there now can’t with stand that amount of weight.
Storm Debris - The creek that runs through Deer Lake Estate has to be cleaned out. This will be a 2 year project at a cost of $200,000.00.
City of Wichita will be crossing 47th. Street to put in a high pressure sewer line. Jim does not have a date at this time but it is coming and 47th street will be closed to do this project.
Senior Center Funding - Politically Jim is the minority on the council to fund senior centers, however Jim thinks he can get $5,000.00 more for the Oaklawn Senior Center because the county has taken money out of his district to do a major project in Northwest
Bus Service - The bus service in Oaklawn may shut down due to low ridership.
Aviation Sidewalk - There is a 10 foot sidewalk project going in at 47th. Street and
Oliver to the south side of 47th, crossing K-15 to Clifton. This is a million dollar project.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There are 7 new cases and 3 completed by Owner. Linda made a motion to pass Nuisance Abatement Resolution 4584 Meadowview. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried. Andree made a motion to extend 4455 Jade to July 18, 2018. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond - Linda will continue to lock the splash pad up as long as the timer is not working.
3. Maintenance Help - Andree and Linda’s vote is no to hire Robert Sims. Don is not going to help with the hiring of a third maintenance man. He said Linda and Andree can handle the hiring.
2. Tile - Dennis Clayton came to the board meeting and suggested to clean the floor where the tiles are cracked and have a professional look at the floor. Dennis did present a bid to the board to seal around the shop and replace steel door and install weather stripping where need be. Andree made a motion to accept bid for the shop not to exceed $3000.00 for work stated above. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
3. Senior Peer Support Class - Cindy Florentin advocates for Elderly and disabled came before the board to discuss her program and she is holding meetings on the 4th. & 5th. Wednesdays of each month at Oaklawn Improvement District.
4. Approval of Bills To Be Paid - Linda made a motion to pay bills for the last half of May, 2018. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
5. Citizens To Be Heard: Marty reported that he was able to help some seniors attending Oaklawn Senior Center along with the social worker at our center. Law Camp is coming up and Marty wants to know if the board would like to sponsor Law Camp for 2018. Don made a motion to donate $500.00 to Law Camp for 2018. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried. Andree asked Marty where he’s at on the Neighborhood Watch signs. He said he will get back with the board on this.
Linda stated that Kansas Fire Equipment brought out the valve for the hood in the kitchen for the fire suppressant system.
Off Agenda Items: NONE
Don made a motion to adjourn at 8:50 PM. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held June20, 2018
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 8:50 PM.