OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. on the 6th.
day of December, 2017
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich Tou Vang
TREASURER: Andree Sisco Diane Fitzpatrick
ACCOUNTANT: Marty Morland
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 PM. The district Clerk read the minutes of November 15, 2017. Linda made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There was no new cases. 1 case completed by the owner and 1 extension was granted to 3201 Idlewild.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond - We have received $20,200.00 grant money the district applied for.
1. Voting Ballet Changes - The board reviewed a bill received for voting poll charges. This is something new. Don is going to visit with Mike Petersen and Jim Howell on this.
2. Aging Projects - The Aging Projects will be closed December 26, 2017. The board suggested ordering pizza for the lunch program that day.
3. Christmas Bonuses - Linda made a motion to pay the full time employees a $500.00 bonus and the part time $250.00. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
4. Approval of Bills to Be Paid - Linda made a motion to pay the bills for the last half of November 2017. Don seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
5. Citizens To Be Heard:
Marty talked to the residents whose trash was on the Oaklawn Improvement District’s property. They think kids may have thrown the trash over the wall onto the Oaklawn Improvement District’s property.
Special Olympics will start doing the first Saturday of the month breakfast. Their first breakfast will be on January 6, 2017. Diane wanted to know if we could do a food handlers class before then. Andree will check with the lady who does these classes. We would like the dates of January 3,4 or 5th of 2018 to have a class. Andree stated that this may not be a requirement for the Aging Projects program but it is a requirement the District has made.
Marty Morland stated that it has been noticed that Diane Fitzpatrick is very pleasant to see in our community center. Diane is filling in until the district can find someone for the opening at the Senior/Community Center. Marty will get paperwork to the lady in Park City on the job opening.
6. Off Agenda Items: None
7. Executive Session - Don made a motion to go into executive session at 7:35 PM. And not to come out no sooner than 8:00 PM. To discuss personnel matters. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried. The board came out of executive session at 8:00 PM. No action was taken.
Don made a motion to adjourn at 8:01 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held December 20, 2017
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 8:01 PM.