OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. on the 1st.
day of August, 2018
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas 67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich Sherrie Hopkins
TREASURER: Andree Sisco
ACCOUNTANT: Lisa – Oakview At The Park
ENGINEER: Marty Morland
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. The distict clerk read the minutes of July 18, 2018 Andree made a motion to accept the minutes as read. Linda seconded the motion and Don was not present. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement - There was 5 cases completed by the Owner, 3 cases pending publication and 3 new cases.
Linda granted an extension for 4508 Juniper to 8-7-18. Linda made a motion to pass Nuisance Abatement Resolution 4614 Brookhaven. Andree seconded the motion and all members present Approved. The motion carried.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond - Dennis called and said there was only enough wood to do 3 pads for the fishing pond. Linda sent Tou to get the wood needed to do the fourth pad.
1. Geno Muellins - Gabe Maxwell has quit the District Maintenance department. Geno Muellins was offered a full time position and he excepted the position.
2. Approval of Bills To Be Paid - Andree made a motion to pay the bills for the last half of July 2018. Linda seconded the motion and all members present approved. The motion carried.
3. Citizens To Be Heard: Lisa with Oakview At The Park came to the meeting just to keep in touch. She stated that they are at an all time high for occupancy at 96%.
Linda reported that someone tried to break into the commodity door at the center. They are on camera. Marty suggested that we might want to disconnect the WIFI after hours. He thinks that it might be bringing people after hours to the district parking lot and surrounding areas and a result of some of the break ins.
Reminder that National Night Out is August 7, 2018 from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
OFF AGENDA ITEMS:
On July 25, 2018, Andree and Linda attended the Sedgwick County Commissioner’s meeting. Andree read the speech she gave at the meeting. Andree will attend the next County Commissioner’s meeting on August 9, 2018. She will give another speech. Andree told the commissioner’s in her speech that Oaklawn Improvement District does not generate what other areas do off of their mills.
Andree made a motion to adjourn at 7:47 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members present approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held August 15, 2018
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 7:47 PM.