OAKLAWN IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. on the 17th.
day of May, 2017
at Oaklawn Improvement District, 2937 Oaklawn Drive. Wichita, Kansas67216.
DIRECTORS PRESENT EMPLOYEES PRESENT
PRESIDENT: Don Winton Sherrie Hopkins
SECRETARY: Linda Ulrich
TREASURER: Andree Sisco
ATTORNEY: Marty Morland, Kara Boelk
ACCOUNTANT: Tamara Thompson, Megan Day
ENGINEER: Ashleigh Hughbanks, Andrea Lantz
The meeting was called to order at 7:02 PM. The district clerk read the minutes of May 3, 2017.
There needs to be an addition to the minutes on the survey, stating it is a police survey. Linda made a motion to accept the minutes with this correction. Andree seconded the motion an all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Nuisance Abatement- There was 3 new cases, 4 completed by the owner, 1 pending publication on 5-24-17, and 3 bill of collections to the owner of record. Linda made a motion to pass Nuisance Abatement Resolution 5016 Jade. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
2. Splash Pad/Fishing Pond- The ditch at the end of Idlewild has been fixed. Andree visited with LaShonda from Wichita Water Dept. LaShonda’s estimate for the splash pad water usage will be around $60,000.00 for the summer. Marty asked the board if they could look into a recycle process. They did look at that when the project first got going. Don stated it would cost in the $240,000.00 range (estimated). Andree said she wasn’t sure if maintenance could do the testing needed for recycling and wouldn’t want someone to get sick because we did something wrong. Marty stated that it is not that difficult to do the testing of the water. She is also concerned about chemicals that would need to be added.
3. National Night Out- Linda got the art work back from the sign Company and it looks better. She went over some of the events that will be at National Night Out.
4. Tree Bid- Don made a motion to accept the tree bid to cut 2 trees down for $1,000.00.
Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
1. Approval of Bills To Be Paid- Linda made a motion to pay the bills for the first half of May 2017. Andree seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
2. Citizens To Be Heard- The WSU students came before the board and thanked the board for helping them with their school project. They went over some of their information they compiled while doing the project. 1. Intervention – Increasing recreational activities 2. Housing Projects of homes that need rehab with a tool assistance program. 3. Bridging communication gaps. Social media such as face book page was an idea. Maybe a junior board training program & make a flyer for this.
3. Off Agenda: Marty with Community Policing caught another burglar in the 4500 block of Jade. That was one burglary in two weeks. Law Camp date is July 11-14, 2017. Andree noticed that the district was not listed as a sponsor. Marty will look into this. Andree made a motion to donate $500.00 to Law Camp. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried.
Don made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 8:06 PM. Linda seconded the motion and all members approved. The motion carried and the meeting was adjourned.
The next regular meeting will be held June 7, 2017
Meeting place will be 2937 Oaklawn Drive, Wichita, Kansas 67216
Meeting Adjourned at 8:06 PM.